Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Did Not Know That

Governor Gregoire sure has her finger on the pulse of the state.
 
A group of us have been arguing on the P-I Comment threads about the viaduct, about 8 or 9 regular commenters who show up for each new thread.  Naturally, when Gregoire dropped her 'tolls' bombshell, I clicked on the new thread to give the rest of them an elbow in the ribs and a big guffaw.
 
Instead, I found about 40 new commenters, never before seen, who thought tolls were a good idea.  Yes, an overwhelming majority, with absolutely no interest in the reasoning or details of the actual project, but ready to pay a toll!  Talk about one born every minute!
 
I'm still trying to figure out if I would have wanted to know this about my fellow citizens 30 years earlier.  Yes, it does open new career opportunities, such as selling bottled water- if you consider that kind of thing to be a career.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home